Posted to rec.photo.digital,sci.electronics.repair
Pat Cheney Pat Cheney is offline

Default Why don't camera reviews cover the data connection to the PC?

On Fri, 26 Dec 2008 18:11:39 -0800, John Navas wrote:

I've found that Motorola chargers work fine with all other phones but
Motorola phones don't work well with the other chargers. ...

This is actually just a matter of the wrong cable / connection.
The problem is that not all Standard-A to Mini-B USB cables are the same

Hi John,
While that may be the problem, the solution, for those of us with both
Blackberry and Motorola equipment, is to purchase Motorola cables and
return the new Blackberry equipment in its place.

Specifically the Blackberry comes with a 120/240-volt charger; you buy an
equivalent Motorola charger; and you return the brand new Blackberry
charger in its stead.

Likweise with the new Blackberry mini-USB cable and, if you bought the car
adapter, that too.

This works fine because the Blackberry equipment will work just fine with
the Motorola cables and chargers and adapters but the Motorola phone won't
work with the Blackberry cables and chargers and adapters.

This solves the problem instantly. At any time, I can grab any one of my
many Motorola chargers or cables or adapters and charge all my electronics
that use the mini-USB standard.

Thanks Jerry G. for solving this problem for us!