Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Devcon Blue Threadlocker

On Dec 26, 4:52*pm, mm wrote:
On Sun, 21 Dec 2008 20:04:28 -0500, bq340
wrote:

ransley wrote:
On Dec 21, 6:49 pm, bq340 wrote:
ransley wrote:
I used a new tube of this locktite a week ago and spilled it on
plastic, it is still liqued, how can it work since it hasnt cured,
doesnt Blue locktite cure hard? Is my tube a defect or old.
It does not cure until oxygen is not present or it would harden in the
tube...

MikeB

Where is Oxygen not present. So do I ship it to Nasa for a space ride,
that makes no sense, locktite use is common on earth.

Between the threads & nut? Or as a test- squeeze all the air out of the
tube & put the cap back on.

But if air is in one end of the tube, is there oxygen at the other
end?

I don't know how this stuff works.

MikeB- Hide quoted text -

I called Devcon, they said it wont work on plastic so that is why the
tube opens, its metal to metal with pressure with no new air as in a
thread.