Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Car generator to power house

wrote:
On Fri, 26 Dec 2008 17:30:41 -0500, "RBM" wrote:

"HeyBub" wrote in message
It can be done - if you're smug enough.

http://jalopnik.com/5118297/tech+sav...ing-snow-storm
Clearly, the kind of dumb-assed environmental wacko story I'd expect from
Mass. I use an inverter on a deep cycle marine battery in my service
vehicle. It powers chargers, lights, and the occasional power tool. Most of
the time it spends slowly recharging off the vehicle alternator. short
bursts are all they're really good for,if you're using any real power. So
this clown runs out to recharge his car once an hour or so, and thinks he's
a genius. If he had a half a brain he wouldn't be bothering powering his
refrigerator during a snow storm, and he'd own a cheap generator like his
smarter, but less environmentally friendly neighbors, who are all, by the
way, laughing at the idiot.

The Prius is a genius - it starts itself when the battery gets down to
40% charge. No going out to the cold to start the generator.
Ant it is at leasta 13KW generator

Hi,
13KW at 12V or 120V?