Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default How to properly use a hammer on nails?

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
DanG wrote:
At 2.99 each, you're not ruining much. If I caught you grinding
the face of one of my hammers, you might not survive. You will
destroy the case hardening and make a good club out of them.

They were regularly $3.99, but on sale. Does that make a difference?

Yes, you wasted one less dollar.

Unless you are buying a tool for a one time throw away thing, it does not
pay to save a couple of dollars buying substandard tools.

Those $ 4.00 hammers may be ok to drive in a couple of small nails for
hanging pictures and such, but to drive a real nail to anchor a couple of
2x4s you need a good hammer.