Posted to alt.home.repair
DanG DanG is offline

Default How to properly use a hammer on nails?

At 2.99 each, you're not ruining much. If I caught you grinding
the face of one of my hammers, you might not survive. You will
destroy the case hardening and make a good club out of them.

--
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
Jeff Wisnia wrote:

Rub the hammer head's striking surface on concrete every once
in a
while to replace the "polished" surface with slight roughness.
(That's what I was taught by a carpenter, about 50 years ago.)

That is the best simple idea I've heard in quite some time.
Thanks.

Or, get a hammer with a "waffle marked" striking surface.

I just bought a couple of new hammers ($2.99 each at HF) with
heads so smooth you could comb your mustache by using them as
mirrors.

I'm gonna take my Dremel and carve a waffle pattern on the
faces.