Posted to rec.woodworking
FrozenNorth[_4_] FrozenNorth[_4_] is offline

Default To the group

Larry Blanchard wrote:

On Thu, 25 Dec 2008 08:20:55 -0500, Mike Marlow wrote:

On Wed, 24 Dec 2008 20:53:25 -0800, Larry Blanchard cast forth these
pearls of wisdom...:

Yes I can. A nice Southern salt-cured ham. Beats sugar cured any day
according to my taste buds :-).

You hadda go and do that didn't you Larry? You do realize that nothing
we have today will be quite satisfying now, don't you?

Sorry 'bout that :-).

But to add a little levity to your Xmas, here's the story of my Xmas
dinner.

About 11 years ago I had a heart attack (OK Doc, a myocardial infarction).
It was a mild one, but it made me give up ciggarettes and start eating
rabbit food. After a few years of this, I was getting pretty tired of my
healthy diet

My lovely Linda pointed out that it would be OK to splurge for Xmas, and
asked me what I really, really wanted. My brain went into overload as I
scanned the memory banks. I wanted grease! Lovely grease! So naturally
I came up with Spam and fried potatoes (fried in the Spam grease) :-).

It has become a tradition. So while you're sitting down to a scrumptious
ham or turkey dinner with all the trimmings, I'll be enjoying my Spam and
fried potatoes. And I'll be just as happily stuffed as you :-).

Have a merry Xmas, happy Hanukkah, splendiferous Saturnalia, and/or snowy
solstice!

Wrap the Spam in bacon, extra grease can only help.
;-)
Then do the Spam and bacon with Cheeze Whiz, in bread, and grill it with
extra butter, in the remaining Spam and bacon grease.

I'll see you in the next life.
--
Froz...