Posted to rec.woodworking
mac davis[_5_] mac davis[_5_] is offline

Default Cyclone-style Dust Collectors.

On Wed, 24 Dec 2008 16:30:42 GMT, Han wrote:

Hey mac!

The scale for dB is logarithmic - I think that each increase of 1 means
10 times more, just as the Richter scale for earthquakes. Better look at
wikipedia for more info. How come you need a reduction of 7 to 10 dB for
50% reduction is not immediately clear, unless we have to go back to the
Bel decibel is 1/10 of a Bel). Then 10 dB=1 B, or a factor 2. But maybe
I need more coffee, and then advice from DIL, who teaches physics in a
high school.

Exactly why I blanked out when folks tried to explain it.. My math skills are
just about good enough to run a calculator..lol

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing