Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Leon Fisk Leon Fisk is offline

Default Bronze etchings?

On Wed, 24 Dec 2008 18:25:38 -0800 (PST),

On 2008-12-23, wrote:
On Dec 22, 1:24 am, "RAM³" wrote:

* *[ ... ]

You forgot the accent over the final "e" but I knew what you meant. GRIN
My e key didn't have one. That must be on French keyboards.

* *You mean like this: é

* *On my keyboard, you press and release in sequence:

* * * * * *[COMPOSE], "e", "'"

and you get it -- but not all systems will be able to display it, which
is why I normally don't use them.

* *Not sure what sequence is needed on a Windows box. *The above is
for a Sun system with their keyboard.

* *Enjoy,
* * * * * *DoN.

Wintel: Hold down ALT and type in 130 on the numeric keypad = é

Not quite as intuitive as cleaving an apostrophe to a lower case e.

--Winston

I'm on a laptop right now will have to try it later.
Thanks
Karl

There use to be a program for this that came with Windows.
Don't know if it still does...

Look under Programs-Accessories for "Character Map".

If it is there (Character Map) you can use that for finding
odd characters and the "Alt" number keystrokes for creating
them. Alternatively you can use the same program to select
them (copy to clip-board) and then paste into your
application.

Do bear in mind though that a lot of us won't see them
correctly, depending on what you choose and the program we
are using to view news groups with.

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b