Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default How to properly use a hammer on nails?

Jeff Wisnia wrote:

Rub the hammer head's striking surface on concrete every once in a
while to replace the "polished" surface with slight roughness.
(That's what I was taught by a carpenter, about 50 years ago.)

That is the best simple idea I've heard in quite some time. Thanks.

Or, get a hammer with a "waffle marked" striking surface.

I just bought a couple of new hammers ($2.99 each at HF) with heads so
smooth you could comb your mustache by using them as mirrors.

I'm gonna take my Dremel and carve a waffle pattern on the faces.