Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair,alt.engineering.electrical
Spehro Pefhany Spehro Pefhany is offline

Default 9v battery terminal blanks?

On Wed, 24 Dec 2008 19:55:35 -0800, the renowned
(Dave Platt) wrote:

In article ,
Rich Grise wrote:

So, you lost money on the trip just changing your money over and back?

Ick! ;-)

I would have, if I'd changed more money than I really needed.

As I was, I was lucky. Most of what I spent went on a credit card,
and there was enough of a delay in actually posting/clearing the
charges that most of the charges were processed after the pound did
its nose-dive against the dollar. I think I got the favorable
exchange rate on about 90% of what I spent over there.

It would be interesting to plot the exchange rates you on your
statement get vs. the highest and lowest rates for a +/- 2 business
day range around the actual posting date of the transaction. Just to
see if they push the transaction time stamp around to retroactively
extract the maximum amount of money from the cardholder. On top of the
2.5% they typically charge above the interbank rate.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany