Chris

Default Replacing clutch on cordless drill?

Does anyone know if the clutch is replacable on cordless drills? It's
a Craftsman and yeah, I know it might not be worth replacing, but it
fits my hand well, not too heavy, plenty of power. I really would
like to fix it, besides a new one is not in the budget (maybe Santa
will bring one).

Lesson learned though. I few of my tools are Craftsman and while I
know they are not always the best quality, since I don't use them
every day they are adequate for my purposes. Well, the cordless gets
used at least weekly and was enduring some rough usage this past
weekend. I hit a nail with a spade bit and the clutch went. Probably
a plastic mechanism in there. So as far as cordless drills go,
Craftsman is NOT adequate for my purposes. If I have to replace it I
will get a Panasonic this time.

-Chris