Posted to rec.woodworking
Andrew Barss Andrew Barss is offline

Default Cyclone-style Dust Collectors.

J. Clarke wrote:
: Robatoy wrote:
: The pleated-paper canister filter on my 2HP DC is just overwhelmed.
: Better than the old bag. A bag is good for 1 hour.... I really need
: do something.
: I figure that if I were to upgrade to a double canister 3-4 HP
: set-up,
: all it would do would buy a little time between dumping.
:
: So, I'm told that a cyclone is the way to go. What do we know about
: those things?

: http://billpentz.com/woodworking/Cyclone/Index.cfm

: Just about anything you want to know is there.

Some of it is useful and accurate, some of it is neither.

One should also consult reviews on cyclones from FWW, Popular Woodworking,
and other major magazines. And the engineers at Oneida give free advice
and very useful help in designing and planning a system.

-- Andy Barss