DarylRos

Default Starrett combination square - worth the price

As for a standard, I'll put a good quality engineers square against any
try square, including a Starrett. Although it probably is the best try
square around.

1. It's not probably the best square around. It IS the best sqaure around.

2. Your engineer's square (I have one as well) is probably accurate enough for
any woodworking, as it is with mine.

3. The Starrett is accurate based on the latest standards of measurment and
accuaracy. All other squares are tested by comparign to a Starret. Really.

I had a crappy try square years ago. I've had the Starret for over a decade,
and it is still perfect. It not only measures square, inside and out (as well
as 45), the rule is a Starrett, the easiest to read, and is also accurate.

The slide mechanism is perfect, even after years of use. Not misuse. You get
on, besides the cost, you don't want to misuse it. I have Norris planes, Knight
planes, Two Cherries Chisels, a MiniMax bandsaw, a Unisaw. The Starret is my
favorite tool.