Posted to rec.woodworking
J. Clarke J. Clarke is offline

Default I was talking to this dude from Austin

-MIKE- wrote:
Ahnoled drive the big HumVee. The 'real' one. Look at from either
behind or the front. If you see differentials, it ain't a 'real'
one.

Isn't the H2 just a GMC pickup truck with a big, gaudy fiberglass
body?

Reminds me of all the dorky American cars that come out with a sport
version and call it the "GT."
You know what the GT stands for?
Goofy Trim.

H2 and H3 are both glorified Suburbans or some such.

H1 was the real deal. Interesting note--GM owns the "Hummer" brand
but never owned the design, which continues to belong AM General,
which is not a part of GM. Meanwhile AM General has their own brand,
"Humvee", which is a registered trademark. Whether they have a
street-legal civilian model though I have no idea.

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)