Posted to rec.woodworking
J. Clarke J. Clarke is offline

Default Cyclone-style Dust Collectors.

B A R R Y wrote:
J. Clarke wrote:
The reason I put one in in the first place was MDF. End up with a
main collector full of MDF dust, the little one under the filters
hardly sees anything.

I get so much MDF dust in the drum, I created a shop made bag holder
to install plastic bags. Dumping the drum was gross.

The bag holder is simply a garbage can that fits inside the drum,
with
the bottom cut out. I install the bag, put in the can, and work...
At dump time, I pull out the can, close the bag, and repeat.

Neat. I gotta do something like that at some point. The drum on mine
is small, since the whole thing has to fit under a 7 foot ceiling, so
it's not that big a deal to take it outside to dump, but it's still
gross with MDF. With the Argentinian hardwoods that I used to be able
to get from CWG though it was a treat--still a lot of dust but it
smelled _incredible_.

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)