Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default I was talking to this dude from Austin

Lew Hodgett wrote:
Woodline is right down the road, in a Nashville suburb.
I can walk in and get all touchy feely with the stuff.

Touchy feely has a price.

I despise retail and have a thing for UPS.

They're nowhere close to retail.
Dusty warehouse with pallets all over the place.
They're all internet/mailorder.... but nice to the locals.

If I can't pick up the phone or go on line and place an order, not
sure I truly need the product.

You're preachin to the choir. But I'm always seeing stuff on websites
and wishing I could get my hands on it to make sure it's as beefy as it
looks or the exact right size or whatever.

Then there's the supporting the local economy aspect.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--