Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] LEGEND65@yahoo.com is offline

Default Sign of the times

On Dec 23, 12:55 am, Mark & Juanita wrote:

That is a good thing partially. One downside to waiting until that late
to introduce students to shop principles is that by that time, students are
pretty well embarked on the direction they intend to go. The advantage to
teaching at the high school and junior high level is that it gives all
students and opportunity to get some familiarity with equipment and tools.
That can develop into a life-long appreciation for the manual arts, even if
one is not making a living in that field.

I had shop classes all through middle school and the power tools
scared the hell out of me. It wasn't until after college that I
really got going with woodworking. It had more to do with having
access to Dad's tools than anything I got in school. So you never
know.

-Kevin