Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default Sign of the times

I believe every person who goes through school should have a basic
introduction to the use and safety of basic hand tools. This might be
basic hand-held power tools such as circular saws and drills.

They also need a basic introduction to cooking, such as food safety and
preparation of easy things like hamburgers, eggs, and the like.

Sounds like a decent way to spend a school year. Half the year is home
ec, the other half is shop.

Puckdropper

In jr. high, we had two semesters of shop/home ec. The first semester,
they put the guys in shop and the girls in home ec. The second semester,
it was each student's choice.

Near the end of the first semester, when it was time to sign up for the
next, I walked down the hall and peered into the classrooms of each. One
classroom was filled with cute girls..... the other wasn't. I showed
that disparity to a couple friends, and we all three singed up for home
ec for the next semester. :-)

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)