Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] busbus@gmail.com is offline

Default Work Bench

On Dec 22, 7:06*pm, Larry Blanchard wrote:

Somewhere recently I read about a woodworker that equipped his bench with
T-slots instead of dogholes.

I haven't really considered all the pros and cons of it, but the idea is
interesting. *Anyone here done this? *Any opinions?

I don't know if this is going thru twice or not as my ISP connection
went berzerk once I sent the message.

Could htis be the plans you may have seen for a benchtop with T-slots?

http://www.bobsplans.com/FreePlans/DNLD/Workbench.pdf

It seems somewhat intriqing to me but I am also afraid of the top that
is made entorely of MDF. I was wondering if a piece or two of MDF
sandwiched between pieces of plywood would be better for a top.

I can see where the T-slots could be extremely helpful and you
wouldn't get the wear teh dog holes would probably cause in the MDF
but I am afraid there may be other problems specific to the T-slots
that may even be worse then screwed up dog holes....

ray