Unisaw A100

Default Starrett combination square - worth the price

Phil wrote:
A couple of years ago I sprung for Starrett's "Builder's Combination Tool." A hefty 24
inch square with an adjustable head.

http://catalog.starrett.com/catalog/...sp?GroupID=395

I find myself using this a lot and am impressed with how repeatable
angle settings are.

I try and not use my Builders Square too much. I'm too
afeared I'll use up all its magic.

I don't think you can go wrong with Starrett.

And in the end its somewhat of a quality of life issue. It
just makes the quality of my life that much nicer and
judging by the early onset of curmudgeoness I need all the
nice I can get.

By the way, Woodcraft sells a 4-piece import that has the
same heft as a Starrett I wouldn't hesitate to test drive
one and the full set costs the same as the 2-piece Starrett.
Also, almost any industrial supply house (MSC/Reid,etc.) all
offer off shore squares at a lesser cost than a Starrett.
They are worth consideration.

UA100