Posted to rec.woodworking
Mike Marlow Mike Marlow is offline

Default Wasteful Packaging

On Mon, 22 Dec 2008 00:05:48 +0000 (GMT), Stuart cast forth these pearls of
wisdom...:

In article ,
John Siegel wrote:
I saw a news item that Amazon is to start offering various products with
minimal and bio-degradable packaging.
No retail stores so no problems with shoplifting.

They employ people don't they?

I wonder who much goes missing directly from their warehouse.

Back in the good (bad?) old days when Coventry made cars, you could, if so
inclined, buy whole engines that had somehow managed to find their way out
of the manufacturing plant without being noticed.

It's a 60, 61, 62, 63, custom automobile. I got it one piece at a time.
You might say I went right to the factory and picked it up - it's cheaper
that way...

--

-Mike-