Posted to rec.woodworking
Jack Stein Jack Stein is offline

Default SketchUp7 users -"Dynamic" Kitchen Cabinet Face Frame components

Swingman wrote:

I do have the Pro version because I'm building a custom home where much of
the design was done using the free version and the designer could not print
out construction documents that were suitable for bidding/building ... and
if I had to buy it, I wasn't going to buy it for anyone else!

Yes, I think it's kind of neat that everything seems to be included in
the free version except stuff that would be used by a professional to
share files with other programs. I'm still not too clear on whether the
professional version has capabilities a hobbyist would need?

The Pro version makes it possible for me to take the designer's models and
output industry standard construction documents, and since I have it, I
figured I'd whip up some dynamic cabinet components and put them up for free
download for those using the free version.

I'm not too clear on what dynamic components are? I haven't figured out
yet how to resize things to scale yet, but I watched a video on Fine
Woodworking (thanks for that link) and it seemed easy enough by just
selecting and moving part of the design. I haven't tried it yet, but on
your base cabinet, which I grabbed, I attempted to select part of it but
it didn't select as shown in the video... I spent 30 seconds on it
though, will try again with the tutorial in hand. I'm hoping that is
not something only in the pro version..

Besides, it was a valuable
learning experience for me, and one that upped my facility with program.

You seem to have picked it up rather quickly. Either you are really
really smart, or you put more time in it than comes across in your
posts. Anyway, you are largely responsible for me not hastily tossing
it aside, and I'll bet a number of others will hang in there thanks to
your discussions on the subject. Keep up the good work.

http://jbstein.com/Flick/Bench1.skp

Well done ... good to hear from those who've snapped to the value this
program can bring to woodworkers in particular.

Again, you deserve lots of credit for keeping this in focus, at least
for me. One of the problems I have is all the tutorials I used to learn
on were buildings and stuff, instead of drawers, benches, cabinets and
what not.
--
Jack
http://jbstein.com