Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] LEGEND65@yahoo.com is offline

Default Work Bench

On Dec 23, 12:28 am, Puckdropper puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote:
"Leon" wrote :

"Larry Blanchard" wrote in message
news
Somewhere recently I read about a woodworker that equipped his bench
with T-slots instead of dogholes.

I haven't really considered all the pros and cons of it, but the idea
is interesting. Anyone here done this? Any opinions?

IIRC I saw that too. WoodWhisperer maybe.

I remember seeing some discussion about it here on the wRECk. Maybe
that'll give you a starting point for further searches?

The problem I see is you'd need a knob sticking out. If you want to
hand plane something you need to set the dog below the surface of the
stock. Unless you made your stop really long with the knob at the back
end it would be in the way, and that would effectively reduce the
length of your bench. Plus in the course of resurfacing the top
eventually you'd get to where you had to remove it and make the slot
deeper, even if you started with it recessed a bit.

-Kevin