Posted to rec.woodworking
Rick Frazier Rick Frazier is offline

Default Cyclone-style Dust Collectors.

Robatoy wrote:
The pleated-paper canister filter on my 2HP DC is just overwhelmed.
Better than the old bag. A bag is good for 1 hour.... I really need to
do something.
I figure that if I were to upgrade to a double canister 3-4 HP set-up,
all it would do would buy a little time between dumping.

So, I'm told that a cyclone is the way to go. What do we know about
those things?

For a quick and dirty cyclone substitute for the lowest-dollar, take a
look at a reasonable substitute.

http://dreamingofhawaii.com/workshop/cyclone.asp

It uses an existing dust extractor and provides much of the cyclone
action without the cost.
Still gotta empty the barrel, but the filter bag never got much in it
after the barrel was hooked up...

--Rick