Posted to rec.woodworking
PDQ PDQ is offline

Default Cyclone-style Dust Collectors.

"Robatoy" wrote in message ...
The pleated-paper canister filter on my 2HP DC is just overwhelmed.
Better than the old bag. A bag is good for 1 hour.... I really need to
do something.
I figure that if I were to upgrade to a double canister 3-4 HP set-up,
all it would do would buy a little time between dumping.

So, I'm told that a cyclone is the way to go. What do we know about
those things?

1. Does not matter what version of dust collection you implement. The only way to lengthen the time between dumpings is to either stop collecting or get a bigger container.

2. Lee Valley http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...t=1,42401&ap=1
has a really good write-up on the theory of a cyclone collector. Their catalogue has a lot of accessories to really make it sing.

3. As theory goes, the cyclone approach really works. In practice, it is only as good as the collection system you hook up to it.

P D Q