Posted to alt.home.repair

Default plumbing air pressure test

On 20 Dec 2008 13:41:37 GMT,
(scottpepsi) wrote:

I am adding a walk-in shower with rainshower head mounted from ceiling, 4
body sprays mounted in the wall, a handheld body wand, an exact temp
control valve, and 3 volume control valves . I have 3/4" pex supply lines
to temp valve, then 1/2" copper to control valves,then 1/2" pex to
respective sprays. I have capped everything, and applied an air gauge. I
placed 85 psi of air. In a period of appx. 40 hours, the pressure has
dropped to 75 psi. Does this indicate a leak, or is this an acceptable
loss attributed to tempature fluctuation or some other variable? What is
generaly accepted as a succesful test?(time/pressure)

It would make it easy to install two ball valves in the supply lines.