Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Wasteful Packaging

B A R R Y wrote:

Lew Hodgett wrote:

The oversize packaging helps to thwart retail theft, therefore
increased cost of packaging is offset by reduction in theft.

We live in a world of very cheap RFID...

Large packaging is no longer an excuse.

The packaging may take up a good deal of volume due to air space, but how
much actual material is in that plastic box? I suspect that if one were to
compress it to a flat object (i.e., flatten, not compress the actual
material), it's not all that outrageous.