Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RAM³ RAM³ is offline

Default Bronze etchings?

" wrote in
:

On Dec 21, 3:19*am, "RAM³" wrote:
" wrote in
news:a3b20fd4-f818-
:

On Dec 20, 9:27*pm, "
wrote:
While cleaning my parents garage, i found some artwork that i
remember seeing in their home in the 1950's.There are two
etchings? of horses on *raised or embossed material which looks
like thin aluminum or bronze material and attached to wood with
many small rivets. I was just curious if anyone was familiar with
this technique? It appears that it is all done by hand as opposed
to a template of some type.

Sounds like repouss to me.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Repouss%C3%A9_and_chasing

Karl

That's the term I was looking for...

Thanx!

I wasn't paying attention when I was typing it though. It's spelled:
repousse
Karl

You forgot the accent over the final "e" but I knew what you meant. GRIN