Posted to alt.home.repair
Jack Davis Jack Davis is offline

Default Emergency power system for one perosn: Generator or batterysystem?

On Dec 20, 3:28 pm, wrote:
I live in north Missouri where ice storms can readily
happen..... and knock power out

I also live alone and in rented duplex....so my needs
for power are smaller and require more portability than
others.

Having said that... I'm wondering if buying a small
Honda generator and 120 volt devices is better than say
getting jump start batteries and using them with 12volt
devices (lights, etc)

I've had a 1500 W generator for 40 yrs. Is a Craftsman w/ tecumshe
1.5 Hp engine, It will run refrigerator or freezer and enough extra
for a light or two.
Also good enough for a hot plate.. So something in that line I would
suggest.