Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.homepower
Ulysses Ulysses is offline

Default Honda generators

On Dec 15, 12:13*am, James Sweet wrote:
Forger wrote:
Forger had written this in response to
http://www.thestuccocompany.com/main...nerators-34802...
*:

Wow thanks for the service pages
Yeah I am now wondering if I got it 180 off, I know I did have to push
that cam down under the spring pressure now that I think about it to get
the belt on. It never smoked or used oil before this, and tonight I had to
add oil again, and no its not leaking but I see the muffler is actually
wet with oil.
I am really at a loss here, seems like it has to be the valves or piston
involved in burning oil. Unless it has something to do with oil sucking
through the vent hose? I wonder if being 180 off would cause suction or
something there?

What sort of crankcase ventilation does it use? In my car that hose got
kinked and it went through several quarts of oil before I figured out
what was going on.- Hide quoted text -

It just has a hose going from the crankcase to the air filter. It's
unlikely that it's clogged but you could blow a little air through it
to be sure.

There are two raised indentations on the timing gear. They should be
horizontal and lined up with the top of the engine case while the
piston is at TDC. Pull out the spark plug and turn the engine until
the piston is at the top.

Was your oil splasher/governor gear broken? If so then I'd say your
piston/cylinder did not recieve enough lubrication and it's now too
worn to seal against oil. That little plastic gear seems to be what
does in these engines. I supspect that if you do a compression check
you'll find the pressure is low.

I may not be able to connect again until next spring--when it rains my
phone line goes out :-|

Good luck.