Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair,alt.engineering.electrical
Peter Hucker Peter Hucker is offline

Default 9v battery terminal blanks?

On Sun, 21 Dec 2008 17:09:02 -0000, Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:

Peter Hucker wrote:

LESS THAN A YEAR?!?!?! I have Duracells with a use by date of about 4
or 5 years in the future.

So do I. They rarely last more than a year before they leak, and some
brands even less. Before they changed from some anonymous Chinese
manufacturer to GPT, the Office Depot brand sold here lasted 3-4 months.

The only batteries I see leaking are Zinc Carbons, and Alkalines that were bought over 5 years ago. It seems strange you are getting such crap quality cells. I mostly get Duracell and some other lesser known brands.

.-"""""-.