Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy[_2_] Robatoy[_2_] is offline

Default I was talking to this dude from Austin

On Dec 21, 1:02*am, Charlie Groh wrote:
On Sat, 20 Dec 2008 21:32:38 -0800 (PST), Robatoy

wrote:
On Dec 21, 12:18*am, Tom Watson wrote:
I was at a Christmas party tonight and was talking up Texas Swing. *A
guy told me to look into Texas Blues - *told me that Texas Swing was
fine but that Texas Blues was better.

He gave me three names.

Joe Ely.

Albert King.

Texas Troubadours.

I grew up in Pennsylvania.

You tell me.

Regards,

Tom Watsonhttp://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1/

SRV..... that's Texas Blues. I had the pleasure of spending some time
with him on three different occasions two years apart.. a giant.

And I have had the pleasure of carrying Mr. King's flying V's guitar
case.

There is a truly legendary anecdote I can tell about something I
witnessed first hand. Something that happened between Albert King and
Stevie Ray Vaughn... in the studio in Hamilton, Ontario. Early 80's.
A bit long for here, now, and I must put it to paper one day. The two
of them got into a gunfight, Crossroads style....
Neither finished with a diminished fifth..S

...hard to imagine *anyone* hangin' with Stevie Ray...I can see Albert
King doing it, though...kinda like a Clark Terry riffin' with
Doc...never bought a BB King album...bought a couple of Albert's...

cg

I was paid to 'hang' with him. My job was to do PR for CBC and
handling the paperwork at the airport, chauffeur, dinner company and
basic tour guide and '*ahem* physical protection.
The paperwork in Stevie's case was rather plentiful and we had to get
permission from the Prime Minister's office to get him into the
country. Pretty hefty criminal record.
One day I will publish a list of all the biggies for whom I have done
that honour. I even made some friends along the way, people I still
communicate with on a regular basis.