Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy[_2_] Robatoy[_2_] is offline

Default Wasteful Packaging

On Dec 21, 1:10*pm, "Upscale" wrote:
I was talking to someone a little while ago about wasteful packaging. It
appears to be even worse than I imagined.

I recently ordered a DeWalt D26453K random orbit sander, the one with that
comes with the big, black, plastic case containing the sander and absolutely
nothing else. Cost? $103.99. From the same company, I also priced the D26453
sander without the case. Cost? $114.99. *Explain that to me?

With marketing like that, it's no wonder we're being inundated with garbage.
Future societies, if they do eventually come to exist, will certainly look
on us as the garbage generations. I also predict that future space
exploration will spend a good deal of it's time transporting garbage to dead
planets or shooting garbage into suns for disposal. Maybe we'll get lucky
and find a true method of matter/energy conversion.

I totally support throwing garbage into volcanos.