Posted to rec.woodworking
Buddy Matlosz Buddy Matlosz is offline

Default I was talking to this dude from Austin

"Robatoy" wrote in message
On Dec 21, 12:18 am, Tom Watson wrote:
I was at a Christmas party tonight and was talking up Texas Swing. A
guy told me to look into Texas Blues - told me that Texas Swing was
fine but that Texas Blues was better.

He gave me three names.

Joe Ely.

Albert King.

Texas Troubadours.

I grew up in Pennsylvania.

You tell me.

Regards,

Tom Watsonhttp://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1/

SRV..... that's Texas Blues. I had the pleasure of spending some time
with him on three different occasions two years apart.. a giant.

And I have had the pleasure of carrying Mr. King's flying V's guitar
case.

There is a truly legendary anecdote I can tell about something I
witnessed first hand. Something that happened between Albert King and
Stevie Ray Vaughn... in the studio in Hamilton, Ontario. Early 80's.
A bit long for here, now, and I must put it to paper one day. The two
of them got into a gunfight, Crossroads style....
Neither finished with a diminished fifth..S

Would that be the In Session recordings? Fantastic. Of course, everything he
did was fantastic. I have both audio and video on that. Everyone should get
the SRV box set, 3 CDs and a DVD. The DVD alone is worth the price of the
set, absolutely incredible. And let's not leave out big bro Jimmie Lee
Vaughan, who's no slouch either.

And we're going to hold you to your promise to put it to paper (or at least
pixels), the sooner the better.

B.