Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim S Tim S is offline

Default Boiler flues (Viessmann)

Hi,

Theoretical question (ie I'm not about to do it, well, not yet anyway[1])

Been reading the Viessmann Compact 100 24kW system boiler installation
manual.

The flue is a typical round concentric pipe affair. The manual shows the
flue sections being plugged together and into the boiler, where there are
sealing rings shown.

Would one normally use a jointing/sealing compound *or* an assembly aid (in
the way that silicone oil may be used on push fit sewer pipes) on these
types of joints?

Manual doesn't make any mention but it may be assumed knowledge.

Other than that, it seems perfectly straightforward. The most difficult bit
will be gauging the ventilation requirements as it will be sharing a common
airspace with a gas cooker and a log stove.

Cheers

Tim

[1] As mentioned previously, I'm expecting to seek a CORGI chap to be a
consultant if I DIY this - and to this end I've already had an encouraging
talk with a fellow who prefers repair work to installation work, which
obviously suits us both.