Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy[_2_] Robatoy[_2_] is offline

Default I was talking to this dude from Austin

On Dec 21, 12:18*am, Tom Watson wrote:
I was at a Christmas party tonight and was talking up Texas Swing. *A
guy told me to look into Texas Blues - *told me that Texas Swing was
fine but that Texas Blues was better.

He gave me three names.

Joe Ely.

Albert King.

Texas Troubadours.

I grew up in Pennsylvania.

You tell me.

Regards,

Tom Watsonhttp://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1/

SRV..... that's Texas Blues. I had the pleasure of spending some time
with him on three different occasions two years apart.. a giant.

And I have had the pleasure of carrying Mr. King's flying V's guitar
case.

There is a truly legendary anecdote I can tell about something I
witnessed first hand. Something that happened between Albert King and
Stevie Ray Vaughn... in the studio in Hamilton, Ontario. Early 80's.
A bit long for here, now, and I must put it to paper one day. The two
of them got into a gunfight, Crossroads style....
Neither finished with a diminished fifth..S