Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] me@privacy.net is offline

Default Emergency power system for one perosn: Generator or battery system?

zxcvbob wrote:

How are you going to run the furnace since you rent? It's not like you
can rewire it for operation from an extension cord. Or are you going to
use the kitchen stove for heat? (hopefully it's gas)

I don't know

The more advice I get about this the more I'm starting
to think that "bugging out" is better option..... that
is to pick a predetermined place to go and stay till
electricity comes back up

Maybe I should forget abt buying gear for staying put
(generator, etc)..... and instead buy gear for packing
up and hiking out (backpack, clothing, camp gear,
etc)??

What say?