Posted to alt.home.repair
KLS KLS is offline

Default exercising an emergency generator

On Sat, 20 Dec 2008 05:31:18 -0800 (PST), ransley
wrote:

When you spend thousands for emergency equipment and want it to work
to keep from freezing storing it inside in low humidity is just smart.
components rust and corrode, and animals can mess up power equipment,
like that mouse living in my air filter that make my mower not run
well.

I can understand this, but I also have a basement that's dry, but
seems to be more humid than my garage, based on what my motorcycle
leathers tell me. The problem, of course, is that my garage freezes
in the winter, whereas my basement doesn't. So, getting the
snowblower started up during the first SERIOUS cold snowstorm if I
haven't run it within a month prior is a challenge. It's running fine
now, thank goodness, with all this snow we're having now.