Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Bob S.[_2_] Bob S.[_2_] is offline

Default Inlay Rimmed Lidded Box with Integral Finial - Step By Step

"charlieb" wrote in message
Am almost done with actually turning a Cindy Drozda-esque lidded
box -
with an inlaid rim - though I didn't have the guts to turn the finial
as
an integral part of the lid. The illustrated procedure - with
notes - I
put together based on watching Drozda turn one - and going through
about
150 photos - works (her onion finial isn't trivial to reproduce, or
even
to get close).

If you've compromised an idea for a piece just because you either
can't
figure out the "chucking" sequence or even how the part can be held
do the necessary turning, this stuff might provide some solutions.
And
the more ways you have to hold a part, the more options you have for
your next piece.

As usual, questions, comments, suggestions and constructive criticism
that can help improve this info will be appreciated. The goal is to
make useful information available for other turners - and maybe get
someone to try something they didn't think they could do.

http://www.svwoodturners.org/Demonst...oxProcess.html

charlie b

Charlie,

Your descriptive posts and illustrative capabilities are far better
than any book I've ever read on woodturning. To say you're a stickler
for presenting details would be the understatement of the year. That's
another keeper...

Bob S.