Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy[_2_] Robatoy[_2_] is offline

Default SketchUp7 users -"Dynamic" Kitchen Cabinet Face Frame components

On Dec 20, 3:02*pm, "Swingman" wrote:

I could of spent $5K easily on another 3D "CAD" program, but I would still
be learning the software months from now, instead of making money with it..

Perfect. It suits your needs. In the end, that's all that matters.
What matters for me, is that, after I do my presentation, and the
customer and I work out the bugs, I can go straight to production...
with the same files.
I already spent the money on the software and became a 3D AutoCAD user
15+ years ago.
I also found AutoCAD horribly awkward and non-intuitive.
I need the ability to model, such as this:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...toy/Corner.jpg

and when I make a presentation drawing for a custom big-dollar
installation, it also has a complete Bill Of Materials, including
slides, knobs and hinges. On a job like this:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...toy/217Kit.jpg
not having to duplicate over and over when customers make changes is
an invaluable tool for me.

Sometimes you need a chisel, sometimes a Multi Router.

btw..eCabinet software is free also. Incredible value, especially when
one can detach from the CNC cooperative and accomplish all this in
house.
http://www.ecabinetsystems.com/