Posted to alt.home.repair
Wayne Whitney Wayne Whitney is offline

Default Adding Outlet to Gas Range

On 2008-12-20, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Given that a regular receptacle is difficult, look at using a
surface run with product such as Wiremold that is made for your
situation.

Are you suggesting putting an receptacle in a surface mount box and
wiring it with a "extension cord" plugged into an existing
receptacle? I'm not sure I'd like that look, but I had considered
it. I didn't think that that would be compliant though.

No, the way you use wiremold is to take an existing outlet (like the
outlet your gas range plugs into) and replace the face plate with a
wiremold extender box that projects past the finish wall. That allows
you to get started on your wiremold run at a power source. Then use
run the raceway on the surface of the wall to your desired outlet
location.

Cheers, Wayne