Posted to alt.home.repair

Default exercising an emergency generator

Wish I still had it, but I remember something about connecting a lantern
battery to a cord, and plug that into the output of the generator. Been a
long time since I read that. I just reposted the B and S instructions for
reflashing a generator with a plug in drill.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"JIMMIE" wrote in message

I have never heard of having to magnetize a generator before except
for old automotive generators. Where can you find info on doing this.
This was called polarizing them. On the auto generators I think just
flashed the field by momentarily
connecting a wire from the battery to the field terminal on the
regulator.

Jimmie