Posted to alt.home.repair
Aaron Fude Aaron Fude is offline

Default What is that devide in my water supply line?

On Dec 20, 11:18*am, zxcvbob wrote:
Aaron Fude wrote:
On Dec 20, 10:57 am, Aaron Fude wrote:
Hi,

This is related to the earlier post where I was asking about replacing
valves on my water supply line. Here's a picture of what that area
looks like:

http://freeboundaries.com/thing.jpg

I know what the #4 copper wire is for, but what the heck is that ugly
devide in middle for and can I cut it out?

Many thanks in advance,

Aaron

By "devide" I meant "device" in both instances.

That big ugly thing is the water meter.- Hide quoted text -

Yes, that's the device I meant.

If the water meter is on the inside, how does the water company know
how much water I am using?
What's the curly wire going to it?
Is it in good shape or should I replace it?