Posted to alt.home.repair
PanHandler[_3_] PanHandler[_3_] is offline

Default exercising an emergency generator

"Jim Elbrecht" wrote in message
Most folks I know who have emergency generators run them once a month
or so.

I just got one [lost power for a week last week] and note that the
manual says once a *week*. [Briggs and Stratton 5500 watt Storm
Responder]

That seems like a CYA suggestion. I run Stabil in my gas and will
probably go for once a month under load. What is a good load? An
electric space heater that draws a constant 1500watts or so? Power
tools that draw a surge?

I'm also going to build a little shed/doghouse for this thing. Has
anyone seem some good ideas for a 4x5 structure that blends into the
landscape? [I've been thinking of a scaled down chalet- a gingerbread
house- or a fake boulder as possibilities.]

I built this one to match my T1-11 workshop building:

http://flickr.com/photos/joearnold/3122975824/sizes/o/

http://flickr.com/photos/joearnold/3122975606/sizes/o/