Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Default SketchUp7 users -"Dynamic" Kitchen Cabinet Face Frame components

"Swingman" wrote in
:

"Morris Dovey" wrote
Swingman wrote:

Here you go, Bro ... make a cylinder "component" with diameter of
the hole you want, poke it though the curved surfaces where you want
the hole(s), then use the "intersect with model" function, then
erase the parts you don't want.

Tried that (several times) and took screen shots at each stage. Pix
on abpw.

When you know how, it takes longer to draw the box and cylinder than
to get holes in the curved surfaces ... about a three minute job.

Obviously I'm doing something horribly wrong, but it isn't a three
minute job yet...

Draw your cylinder; make it into a "component"; poke it through your
curved surface; "interface with model"; "explode" the cylinder; erase
the parts of the cylinder you don't want (three parts, plus the
ends);, lastly, erase the remnants (a circle on either side) of the
cylinder on the face of the curved surface.

It takes less time to do than tell ... if you're really interested,
and I can find the time today, I'll make you an animated "tutorial" of
the steps above ... using the "scenes" function, a tutorial is easy to
do in SketchUp.

I'm looking forward to that. I have tried a couple of times to use
Sketchup, but I'm too atherosclerosed to understand what I am supposed to
do.
--
Best regards
Han