Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default exercising an emergency generator

On Dec 19, 7:37*pm, "Mortimer Schnerd, RN" mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com
wrote:
"ransley" wrote in message

It needs it once every 6 months so the generator doesnt loose residual
magnatism, if you ran it dry of gas you would have no worry of gumming
the carb, stabil helps, but empty is best.

Suppose you went too long without starting it. *How do you go about getting it
generating again? *(I don't know that I have a problem yet.... will have to go
start it first to find out. *It's been a while.)

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com

You "Flash" it, that is using a 12v battery on the generators output
terminals while it is running, I never did it but I had instructions
and im sure they are online, I think better units have a circuit put
in for this. 6 months does not mean it will not work and I dont know
the science behind how long they really last but I have heard of this
happening. Starting it with any minimal load keeps it working I have
been told.