Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default vacuum cleaner motor reversal?

In article ,
Derek Geldard wrote:
Most vacuum cleaners use series wound motors and to reverse those you
need to get inside it and reverse the connections to the field
windings. Which may not be possible with a sealed design. Other
possibility is to reverse the fan on its spindle.

My experience with model aeroplane propellors tells me that won't
work. ;-) Reversing the motor will.

You're right, of course. I was thinking of fitting a computer fan the
other way round - but of course they're in one with the motor.

If the fan is actually a centrifugal compressor that won't work
either. Neither will reversing the motor.

Indeed.

--
*Why do they put Braille on the drive-through bank machines?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.