Posted to alt.home.repair

Default exercising an emergency generator

On Dec 19, 8:37�pm, "Mortimer Schnerd, RN" mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com
wrote:
"ransley" wrote in message

It needs it once every 6 months so the generator doesnt loose residual
magnatism, if you ran it dry of gas you would have no worry of gumming
the carb, stabil helps, but empty is best.

Suppose you went too long without starting it. �How do you go about getting it
generating again? �(I don't know that I have a problem yet.... will have to go
start it first to find out. �It's been a while.)

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com

I frequent a used tool company, hamilton tool beaver falls pa, A
fascinating place..have bought 4 or 5 broken generators there, me and
a buddy fixed and gave them away or sold them till harbor freights
prices got so low,.

My buddy was the brains of repair retired with electroinics degree
from CMU pittsburgh........

many broke ones were ID as lost magnetism, never found a single one
with that problem.

blown boards, bad commentators or brushes, sagged springs causing low
RPM = low voltage output, and the killer bad start windings.

I think the lost magnetism is a urban myth