Posted to alt.home.repair

Default exercising an emergency generator

Brand of gasoline is important, and also deciding if you wan to burn that
10% ethanol stuff. My sense is that ethanol is a bad idea in small
equipment. I know that my vehicles get more than 10% mileage decrease on
ethanol. So, the actual usage of petroleum goes up when I tank up on ethanol
gasoline.

I'd like to hear about your religious gasoline dump. Are you using the old
gas for a burnt offering at an altar, for example? Do you call a priest for
the ceremony, or perhaps a couple of witches? Is the semiannaul fuel dump
mentioned in the holy writings some where?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"RBM" wrote in message

I've had a Cummins Pro 6000E gasoline generator for about 10 years. It has a
9 gallon tank on it. I exercise it for about half an hour every couple of
months, under varying loads. I use Stabil in the fuel, and I religiously
dump the fuel twice a year and fill with fresh gas. Never had a problem