Larry Blanchard

Default Starrett combination square - worth the price

In article ,
says...
You're paying (mostly) for accuracy, a little for name. Depending on
your woodworking, a Starrett could be overkill. It's designed for
metalworking which tends to have much closer tolerances than
woodworking needs. If all you do is frame houses, it's probably not
needed. If you do tight intricate furniture and custom work, it could
be. It would also serve as a nice standard to measure all of your
other squares against.

As for a standard, I'll put a good quality engineers square against any
try square, including a Starrett. Although it probably is the best try
square around.

BTW, I have an early Stanley engineers square (patent date 1874) and it's
still square after a 100+ years.

--
Where ARE those Iraqi WMDs?